Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Studio Space/Favorite Beads/A short Rant


As I mentioned yesterday, I have just rented a little studio. Very little. And hugely wonderful. It's given me a new found excitement for all facets of my work life. I listed merrily today and rediscovered two of my all time Czech glass bead favorites.
One disappointment with ebay...any thoughts on this? Ebay's new payment policy has removed the option of accepting payments via money order or personal check. I realize the benefits to ebay. They of course own Paypal. It increases their earnings...etc etc. Sure, most people do pay with Paypal. But I like options. The more you take away from me as a buyer and seller---the more squirmy I get. How about you?




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a new studio too...although yours in much nicer than mine. Mine is a corner in my walk in closet. So far I haven't used it, but it now houses all my semi-precious gemstone beads and all the wonderful czech beads I have ordered from your ebay store. I have high hopes for that small space! As for ebay not accepting checks and money orders, I still take them if the buyer wants to pay that way. So far...no problems. Have a creative day! :) ~Mindy

Kristen said...

Hey Mindy...long time responding, sorry! I am also accepting checks. I think the whole thing is bogus and completely wrapped up in keeping larger pieces of pie for themselves. It JUST makes me crazy that they're claiming it's a safety issue.

Thanks for the kind words!

Kristen

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I hope this works. How do you leave a comment!
I love your new place Kristen, I want to live in one, too. :) It looks happy and simple and sweet and quite roomy. The table is downright perfect for the room. I would never have thought of buying a table like that. I'm terrible at decorating, and my only saving grace is the Christmas tree once per year. I understand I'm about to acquire a vintage desk/secretary of some sort from an old boyfriend recently turned friend that I will happily store and work on all the beads and whatnot I've acquired myself over the years. I would seriously make something if my fingers didn't hurt so bad - a sad result of both rounds of chemo, which is OVER, I'd like to happily add to my comment, which is now rambling. I remain on disability and away from work until Feb. 09 now, and I hope to make something, anything before I go back to work (ok, I am sort of kidding. I did make several pairs of earrings and a bracelet, and three pendants for xmas gifts seeing as I have more beads than bread these days)...

Kristen I have really enjoyed following your blog and have wanted to tell you so for sometime now - if I could only figure out how to comment! Thank you again for featuring my bookmark.