Monday, December 15, 2008

Easy Earrings #26-The Snowy Snowy Day


In North Carolina, where I had previously lived most of my life, snow was a civilized affair. For each inch of accumula-tion, everything shut down for a day. 7 inches meant a solid week of hibernation. Perfect Reason! Sure it meant children might well be in school through the entire month of June--but so what! It was SNOWING!!!!! Reno, Nevada has apparently never cultivated the same Snow Appreciation Policy. (SAP) 7 inches of snow means absolutely nothing! Last year Son Sam and I did the proper thing and took several snow days. This year apparently his 5Th grade teacher has instilled a sense of duty in him that his mother had not previously encouraged. Perfect attendance! (Shudder.) So he was taken to school and I pretended I had the day off. For several hours. And then a couple more. When I finally lumbered off the couch, I snapped the picture from my deck and made Easy Earrings #26. Moonstones, Pearls, and Sterling Silver. What else could be worn today except white!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you...7" of snow = a snow day! I like Earrings #26... they will be a nice memento of your, "Snowy Snowy Day!" ~Mindy

Kristen said...

Thanks! You I would invite over for Cocoa!

Kristen