Wednesday, October 29, 2008

First Challenge Response--Thanks, Susie!

It thrilled me when Susie emailed a picture of these earrings. Not only had someone seen the challenge, but she did a great job--I love how the tapered coil has a spiral at the end! The other day I mentioned my baby anvil. Easier than these mini anvils to use are bench blocks. Bench blocks are polished plates of steel used to flatten wire, hammer texture on metal, etc etc. In connecting with Susie today I found out she makes Sand filled bench block pads...great to keep a block from shifting, and muffle a bit of the BANGING noise. Check out her Etsy sight for more information. The.Antique.Pallete

2 comments:

TheAntiquePalette said...

Kristen, did you make these look beautiful or what? I'm honored, thank you.
Can I play, too? Every day after I see what you've done, I'll do my take on your theme.
Check it out at:
TheAntiquePalette.com
This will be such fun, making time for something creative, every day!
WooHoo lets go!

Kristen said...

Of course you can! Please continue to inspire and challenge me! I seriously love your bench pads..I'm a huge fan of blending form and function!

Happy Halloween!