Saturday, October 25, 2008

Easy Earrings #1


Once again in a slightly grand gesture towards the commitment to create, I've decided to make 30 pairs of easy earrings in 30 days.

Materials:

--2 24 gauge sterling silver headpins (24g fits easily thru the freshwater pearls. Any bigger and you may have to re drill them.)

--2 Freshwater Pearls (I chose silver potato shaped pearls.) 2 Czech glass beads. (I chose rectangles in Milky Pink.)

--2 Pieces of sterling silver wire in 24 gauge. I chose 24g, I liked the delicate look. But 20g would probably be studier.
--2 Sterling silver ear wires.

--1 Pair of Round nose pliers. 1 Pair of flush cutters. (Handy tip, fingernail clippers work great to flush cut/clip 24g wire.)

Step 1: String two pearls on to the headpins. Make a loop on the ends and wrap the excess wire. Here's a link with GREAT instructions for this: http://www.how-to-make-beaded-jewelry.com/wrapped-headpin.html

Step 2: Make another wrapped loop (this will connect to the ear wire.) String on the Czech glass bead. Then make a second wrapped loop, before closing it, add the pearl dangle.

Step 3: Add the ear wires.

Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Actually ten minutes is about right. These are quick!

I really encourage using non sterling practice wire if you've not been making wrapped loops lately.

Just in case anyone is interested, I'll go ahead and list kits with the materials for these earrings, and the 29 more to follow, on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270292494800. If you're one of the 12 people I know who refuses to shop on ebay now, send an email and I'll invoice you a different way.

This of course assumes that someone has actually looked at my blog. Cheers!




No comments: