Saturday, October 25, 2008

Easy Earrings #2-Mobius Mayhem

Well, I cheated! I made multiple pairs of earrings. (Some were quite horrible.) But they all had a nifty Mobius ball used as a component. Basically, a jump ring, connected to a jump ring, with more jump rings connected to all the proceeding jump rings. Really, it's simple. Maille Artisans (A great site with everything you ever wanted to know about chain mail) has a tutorial.
http://www.mailleartisans.org/articles/articledisplay.cgi?key=8588 What I found is that even 3 linked rings have a fun look and it's a great way to add some complementary metal when you can't find the right bead in your stash.

If you start going chain mail gonzo (CMG) you'll be linking them together in bracelets. Bigger links? Key chains. Goth nephew? REALLY big links.

I'll add the components for these autumnal Mobius earrings to the ebay store tomorrow. (I love the sun charms!)

No comments: