Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Jewelry and Fanciful Things for Magical Spaces

I have two confessions to make.

The First: I'm a fairy wanna be. Before I went to Burning Man I bought or made no less than 6 fairy costumes. Plus wings and of course a fairy crown. I wanted to flit around and pass out magic and good will and cookies--or maybe muffins. It wasn't exactly clear. And guess what? I didn't wear a single bit of fairy garb. Not anything. I loaned a fairy dress to my male neighbor, he looked great! I dressed the mom and daughter who slept under our dome. But while I had a marvelous time at Burning Man, didn't once fairyify myself. Hmmm.

The second: I have blog envy. I don't think I had any notion of just how hard this is. Hard to be semi interesting at regular intervals. Hard to produce constantly decent pictures, work, topics, etc. Thankfully, there is inspiration all around.

Here's some. ThymetoDream Karla will inspire your inner (and maybe even outer) fairy. Read about how her work evolves. What motivates her. Who she collaborates with. What moves her. "Joy is always inside waiting to be discovered." Then head over to her etsy sight. Her work is lovely and fresh and very much reflects her goal: Above all, I try to put a lot of love and joy into everything I create!




God is Alive. Magic is Afoot. (Leonard Cohen, Buffy Sainte- Marie.)

2 comments:

SarahKelley said...

Beautiful little post!

Kristen said...

I just love her work! Kristen