Thursday, November 13, 2008

Easy Earrings #14--Homage to the Blue Fairy

In Carlo Collodi's book, The Adventures of Pinocchio, the blue fairy repeatedly appears at critical moments to admonish the wooden puppet to avoid bad or risky behavior.

I'm certain, were I to have such a fairy, that I'd be routinely annoyed by her presence. But occasionally it would be nice to have her flutter around--"It's time for bed, Kristen." "Clean off your desk, Kristen." "You've misspelled that word, Kristen." The word in case was ship. I suggested to a very kind customer that I would "ship her beads tomorrow." Unfortunately, rather than a "p," the word ship contained a "t." Her funny return email suggested she'd be glad to wait if this took more time than expected.

I am routinely grateful for kind and funny customers. I have many. You know who you are, and I thank you.

Earrings #14--Japanese chain maille with faceted pear drops. Simple, but time consuming.

2 comments:

Karla said...

THATS what I need...only Im so disorganised, I need one who will remind me to eat.

and OH MY..the typo is funny:)

Kristen said...

Mine would have to nag me to stop eating! : )