Thursday, January 8, 2009

Wednesday--The Garden of My Life


In Winnie the Pooh, the dis-agreeable nature of the weather is attributed to its being
"Winds Day." Hump day reminds us that we are still climbing arduously towards the weekend. Wednesday's Child is full of Woe. In Richard Brautigan's In Watermelon Sugar, "Wednesday is the day that the sun shines gray." And it would be sad to forget that poor Solomon Grundy was married on Wednesday.

Pish Posh Apple Sauce.

This day rocked!

First, friend Mindy and ebay seller Haveonhand sent me a picture of a key she's been working on. The garden of my life sparkles nearly as much as Mindy. (Thank you!)

Second, son Samuel was REALLY REALLY brave and auditioned for the citywide children's choir. That he is much bolder than I was is marvelous enough. That he was accepted is Cake.

Third, it was warm. In Reno, in January, this is a pure grace.

And last: I found something I'd lost. Enthusiasm. While it ebbs and flows. It is always Chinook--a warm breath of Spring.



No comments: