Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Split Twig Figurines

Split Twig figurines provide us evidence of people living in the Grand Canyon over 4000 years ago. If eager little anthropologists ever happen to be digging through the remnants of my life in the year 6009 they'd marvel over:

7 mugs. (All containing dribs and drabs of coffee.) All sitting on my desk where I have been for the last 8 hours doing my taxes. Not one drop was spilled on my keyboard though it does appear to contain traces of smudged in muffin.

A monster pile of assorted papers. And this despite the miracle of accessing nearly everything one "needs" to know--online.

Plastic donut shaped discs---ahhhh, the wonder of TURBO TAX.

Gum Wrappers. Many.

And beads. (Which as I asserted just recently are breeding rapidly.)

2 phones. (Everyone knows more about this than I do.)

And an un rinsed cereal bowl.

I thought about taking a picture of all this carnage to make any and all feel more satisfied with their own lives---but it's a lot like needing a manicure---or underwear who's elastic has been stretched impossibly. Just better left unexamined.

Happy April 15th. Now maybe we can all (even the procastrinators!) get on with the actually important things.

No comments: