Saturday, July 11, 2009

Help

I went to school in Swannanoa, NC at a very small liberal arts college, Warren Wilson. When I was there, the student population hovered a bit under it's agreed maximum of 590 students. Now I believe it's reached a ghastly 1000 and it's hard to fathom just how they manage to graduate individuals. Over two years ago they printed my obituary in the alumni newsletter. While at first horrified and then a bit miffed--mostly now it's just something to grin over. I've cheated death and it didn't even involve a plane crash or surgery. Woot!


It's going to be a charming 107 degrees tomorrow here in Oklahoma. Heat and humidity lead to depression, irritation, and the advanced certainty that things are simply not well. So I'll probably flee to the land of coffee and WIFI and list beads and read magazines I won't buy and lounge in comfy chairs. That'll kill 2 hours, anyway.


And then I may pull out tiny little seed beads. I haven't in a while. And thread a tiny little needle and weave myself into the certainly that Oklahoma is charming. That my life is charmed and that 107 degrees is normal, if not lovely.


And you?

No comments: